June 21, 2010

To The Doctor's for a Followup and Titration Up of Strattera - Side Effect and Positive Effect Review

This afternoon I have my next appointment with my family physician, a follow up to my initial prescription of Strattera at the starting dose of 10mg daily.

I hope it goes well. And by well, I hope he increases my dose and carefully listens to my feedback and observations. I will keep them short, as follows:

My side-effects with Strattera have been tolerable. Dry mouth, which I have remedied with sipping on water. Brilliant, eh? And constipation, which I remedied with Metamucil (non-soluble fiber), and finally with Lactalose, a synthetically combined galactose-sucrose sugar in a syrupy form which acts as a laxative. I used that once and it worked well. I'm now back and regular and my insides are operating smoothly. You may now all cheer in unison.

Go ahead.

Please, cheer - I'll wait for a minute.

Okay, thanks - that was great!

My positive effects in the short time I've been taking it - as far as I can deduce - have been subtle and mild: working memory improvements (staying on task, returning to task, less forgetting and misplacing), I am calmer around people - but this might be the clonazepam or maybe less anxiety because I am not forgetting stuff and misplacing stuff and able to get things done and am not anticipating bad outcomes from it all). Also, I think I have been more productive (appropriately so) and less perseverative and hyperfocused on inappropriate tasks - i.e. better sense of priorities.

He'll either understand or he won't. Hope he does.

Cheers,

Mungo

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, perhaps you'd like to subscribe to the RSS feed.

You can also follow my tweets at Twitter.com/MungosADHD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts