September 17, 2010

Titrated up to 50 mg of Strattera & an Adult ADHD / Russell Barkley Video

I went to my doctor this week and he seems to be responding to me in a more effective manner than the previous two visits that I'd had with him. I too was responding differently - not saying much, as I'd had a rough day at work and was feeling a bit sorry for myself.

But my doctor sounded very positive about my progress and asked if I would like to be titrated up from 40 mg of Strattera daily to 50 mg, or "half way to the maximum dose we can consider". I said that I would like that, but would listen to his advice on the matter. I guess I wanted to give him a chance to present his opinion. Plus the fact that he had the ADHD clinic's notes clutched carefully in his hands (suggesting that he had read them and wanted me to know that) made me think he would have some insight.

So he said "Yes, let's do it." And so today I am on 50 mg of Strattera. I drank a litre of water during a meeting this morning. My mistake. One of the key stakeholders is notorious for talking on and on - he just might be distantly related to Fidel Castro. But the water seemed to allay any dry mouth symptoms and so far I've not felt nauseous or anything.

I am pleased with how things are going for me. Work is a bit odd, our company was bought last week (subject to a government body approval) outright, and so we all wonder what sort of redundancies and layoffs might occur... but I'm darned employable, and all the more now that I have the knowledge of my diagnosis and coping skills around Adult ADHD.

When you have some time, have a look at this great Russell Barkley video about ADHD:



Hope you all have a great weekend,

Cheers,

Mungo

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, perhaps you'd like to subscribe to the RSS feed.

You can also follow my tweets at Twitter.com/MungosADHD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts