May 13, 2010

Another Step: Appointment with Family Physician, then Blood Tests, etc...

Well I went to my doctor's office this morning and it turns out that prior to getting the Strattera prescription, I must have a battery of blood tests, and an ECG or cardiac test. Apparently normal routine stuff. He took my blood pressure and said that it was 120 over 80. Which is good.


My weight is down 25 pounds or thereabouts since November because I deliberately decided to lose my beer gut etc... by stopping drinking beer, and sugared (actually high-fructose corn syrup sweetened) cans of Coke. He was pleased with that too.


Anyway, to expedite this whole matter, I've made an appointment tomorrow morning at 8:00 to go to a clinic on the way to my work to quickly get my tests done.


The sooner the better, because then the sooner I can get on the medication and hopefully regain some focus. I have another appointment with my family physician in 3 weeks, and the ECG tests etc... take about 2 weeks to come back, so I'm working within a time line here. If I were rich, I'd have a personal physician named Horace and he'd get this done faster.


Hope everyone is having a fine evening!

Cheers,

Mungo

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, perhaps you'd like to subscribe to the RSS feed.

You can also follow my tweets at Twitter.com/MungosADHD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts