May 4, 2010

One... Two... Three! (of a Series of Sessions of my Adult ADHD Assessment)

Today I have an appointment at the ADHD clinic - my third session of my Adult ADHD assessment. It will be a meeting with a psychiatrist and I believe with a psychometrist. I don't have details of the agenda, but I expect they will be drilling down a bit more on a possible diagnosis (to sort out comorbidities, and to clarify diagnostic subtypes), all towards a goal of presenting a treatment plan.

Or they may simply pronounce me irretrievably mad, and suggest I be locked away in a nice room with soft walls. Irretrievably mad - although not an official DSM-IV diagnosis - is sometimes an appropriate label for how I think of myself, at least in darker times.

But I am certain they will be kinder with me than I have been with me. They have all been nice up until now, anyhow.

I figure if the treatment plan includes medication, there will need to be a few meetings to follow to review the dosage, type and regime.

Hope everyone is having a fine day. I'm guessing I will be worn out by the end of the day, so will follow up shortly with details.

Cheers,

Mungo

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, perhaps you'd like to subscribe to the RSS feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts