June 13, 2010

Day 10 on Strattera - Burst of Energy, Got Lots Done. Drank Metamucil.

Today was my 10th day on Strattera - at 10mg daily. It isn't working very much yet on my memory - I keep forgetting what I was supposed to be doing, and kept returning to locations without having done what I'd started off to do... Or maybe it is that I am more and more aware of this habit of mine. To think that I've been doing this most of my life without being aware of it. Holy crap.

But I suppose I need to listen to my own counsel and be patient - and keep with it.

While my wife and little toddler went out today, I got some chores done:
  1. Half-mowed the lawn (lawnmower kept sputtering - I think there is water in the fuel, so I added some methanol to absorb it overnight) - I'll finish it off tomorrow
  2. Cleaned kitchen
  3. Did dishes
  4. Drank orange flavoured Metamucil fiber powder in cold water to keep my ol' system running smoothly - my primary side-effect while taking Strattera is akin to what happens when only one escalator out of three is working at the top of the subway platform and it is rush hour and everyone is trying to go down the same escalator and of course things get rather congested and someone hits the red button at the top of the escalator stopping the device and compacting the pedestrian erstwhile commuters and then you have to telephone the Metamucil man - ifyouknowwhatImeanbecauseifnotreaditagain
  5. Put up veranda tarpaulin in backyard
  6. Dug out compost heap and put some nice aged dark compost on front lawn to fill in an open spot in the grass
  7. Cemented a loose flagstone in the front pathway into place, and chinked in some broken gaps with mortar cement.
  8. Did two loads of laundry, and folded towels and put them away
  9. Took the winter insulating blankets off of the dog's indoor tent which serves as his bed - something I've been thinking to do for ages - he will thank me
  10. Cleaned toilets in the house with scrub brush - awfully satisfying
  11. Put out garbage - not all that satisfying
  12. Edited a host of new photographs for my camping blog and created a draft post - will write text tomorrow
  13. Posted yesterday's entry on this blog (I was too bagged after the hike yesterday to write one) and on my military intelligence news aggregation blog
  14. Organized the baby dishes section of the kitchen
  15. Stuck to my diet
  16. Vacuumed the house with our amazing new hand vacuum cleaner to get rid of obvious dust and bits and pieces
  17. Dug out weeds in the garden, the nasty spiky ones I've been meaning to deal with for months - nasty spiky things
  18. Played my guitar and recorded some of it on my camera, hoping that a blues record label will pick me up and make me a bazillionaire - a pipe dream given my lack of range and paucity of talent
  19. Read some of a book on relationships (ADHD can wreak havoc in marriages)
  20. Cleaned out the gutters in the front of the house
  21. Got a big splinter in my finger and unsuccessfully tried to carve it out with a Swedish carbon-steel hunting knife I use for camping
  22. Put a band-aid on my finger to fix the small hole I made to remove the splinter which is still there
  23. Updated my to-do list in my personal carry-around notebook, bringing past entries forward and making sure I did a brain dump to update it
  24. ...and a few other miscellaneous things that make up a normal Sunday, including feeding the toddler, bathing the little monkey, and lulling him to sleep with some ingenious and highly sophisticated songs about things like tummies and ears and chickens and parks and anything else that came to mind, along with a bottle of milk
Come to think of it, I did a lot of things today. But I still have a lot on my to-do list to get crossed out. I wish I had a day off this week to keep on crossing off items like I did today.

Cheers,

Mungo

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, perhaps you'd like to subscribe to the RSS feed.

You can also follow my tweets at Twitter.com/MungosADHD

6 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on getting all of that stuff done! That sounds like a pretty darn productive day. I think that we ADDers always think about what remains on our to-do lists, so definitely give yourself props on what you did get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, you r giving me job ideas to assign to my husband! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing list of things you did! I'm on ritalin (for about a week now) and have been getting more done as well. Like you the memory stuff leaves a lot to be desired yet but I also hear the...give it time theory so I am. I hope both of us continue to do well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on getting all of that stuff done! That sounds like a pretty darn productive day. I think that we ADDers always think about what remains on our to-do lists, so definitely give yourself props on what you did get done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did it make anyone sick evertime i take it i feel sick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started Strattera 18 mg and been nervous. Was very glad to read this. Please update us how you are doing to this day!! Congrats getting so much done. I pray for a day like that.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts