July 8, 2010

Tracking Progress on Strattera - Literature from Strattera.com

I received a pamphlet about Strattera when I got my diagnosis - it is literature provided from Strattera.com. It is a quick introduction to the medication, and is a worksheet so that one can track one's progress and symptom improvements / side-effects. Well, they focus more on symptom improvement.
"After you get to your target dose of Strattera, it's time to watch for gradual progress.

Here's what you can expect:
  • Some people notice small changes in as few as 2 weeks
  • By 4 to 6 weeks, you should see marked improvement in your ADHD symptoms. However, individual results may vary
Here are some of the attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptom improvements you might notice:
  • Becoming more focused and paying attention
  • Being less distracted when trying to concentrate
  • Listening more easily to what others are saying
  • Being better able to organize tasks and activities
  • Starting tasks or projects and completing them
  • Being less forgetful in daily activities
Ask for help

It's a good idea to ask 1 or 2 other people to help you notice improvements in your ADHD symptoms. They may notice changes that you are not even aware of."
The two big challenges I have now are being better able to organize tasks and activities, and starting tasks or projects and completing them.

Damned ADHD.

Cheers,

Mungo

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this, perhaps you'd like to subscribe to the RSS feed.
You can also follow my tweets at Twitter.com/MungosADHD

4 comments:

  1. My Ritalin has pretty much crapped out already, I've been on it all of a month and a half all together and upped twice. It just doesn't do much for me. Thanks in part to your blog, when we do a med change for my ADD, I'm going to suggest Strattera. I figure if a stim didn't work for me, maybe a non stim will.
    Love reading your blog btw. You've made a lot of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Reggie - that really means a lot to me - and I appreciate the compliment! I have fun writing this. It is so much different than my camping blog, which is more formal. Here I can be 'me', or at least a different side of me that I've kept tucked away for decades! Good luck with the change, I'm feeling changes happen to me - slowly, but goodly... :-)
    All the best,
    Mungo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any time! Your blog has given me some good tips, good information and made me actually feel not so alone with this. It's also kept me to occasionally write about my issues in my blog, because I feel the more people are informed the more tolerant people will be. My blog is here: http://mistyanneblog.blogspot.com/
    Thanks again, really enjoy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts